I will, at all times, respect your copyright and only use your materials for private audition. Unless we are going forward I will destroy all materials sent to me after I’ve auditioned them unless you provide a postage paid self-addressed return package … in which case I will return your materials.
Generally ‘trial mixes’ are reserved for Composers of music for Film and Television. But ‘trial mixes’ may be undertaken for other mixing projects as well (see Speculative Mixes below).
If you are a Composer (film and television) and I’ve agreed to embark on a mix to ‘clarify’ our working relationship here are a few considerations:
• The material/cue you provide me must already have been mixed and released (or aired) in a competed film or television project.
• I will not provide ‘trial mixes’ for any ‘works in progress’ for unreleased projects without prior agreement.
• All ‘trial mixes’ are exclusively for the composer and are not to be played for any third party (say a Producer or Network) without my expressed written permission.
• All mixes done without charge will remain the exclusive property of John Haeny and Sunny Hills Studios.
• John Haeny and Sunny Hills Studios will retain copyright and ownership of the physical mixes and the ‘Moral Rights’ to those mixes until such a time as mutually agreeable commercial arrangements are made, at which point the mixes will be release to you or your representatives.
• Appropriate credit must always be afforded both John Haeny and Sunny Hills Studios as is the general rule for such usage.
On occasion, and for select artists, I will embark on speculative mixes, including but not limited to new artists and those seeking to develop or expand existing musical careers:
• The decision to do any speculate mixing is of course conditional on my acceptance of materials provided for audition and our mutual agreement on suitable terms of engagements should we proceed past the speculative mix stage.
• All speculative mixes remain the exclusive property of John Haeny and Sunny Hills studios.
• John Haeny and Sunny Hills Studios will retain copyright and ownership of the physical mixes and the ‘Moral Rights’ to those mixes until such a time as mutually agreeable commercial arrangements are made at which point they will be release to to the artist or production company for commercial distribution.
• All mixes done by John Haeny will require John Haeny’s participation in, or approval of, the mastering done for either CD, iTunes or Internet Streaming.
• Appropriate credit must be afforded both John Haeny and Sunny Hills Studios as is the general rule for such usage.
Having gotten this far, perhaps you would like to look at the page discussing my‘Rates‘.
I think you will find them more agreeable and flexible than you might expect.