Sunny Hills Studios provides a comfortable, private and rural working environment with equipment usually only found in major mainland city facilities – add to this the expertise and talent of a world-class Engineer/Mixer.
On-site accommodations can also be arranged and the drive to the capital city of Tasmania (Hobart) and the Hobart International Airport is under an hour.
FACILITIES AND EQUIPMENT LIST
Recording and Mixing
• Avid Pro Tools – HD3 Acel Digital Audio Workstation.
• Avid Pro Tools version 10+|HD software.
• All Waves released plug-ins (Diamond + Studio Classics), all standard Avid plug-ins plus a large variety of third party plug-ins.
• Macintosh Quad Core Intel Mac Pro with 7 TB Storage (3.6TB online).
• Apogee Audio Rosetta 800 8 channel converter via Lightpipe for main inputs and outputs.
• Apogee A/D 2 channel dedicated converter for external analogue equipment interface and Pro Tools master clock.
• Focusrite© / Avid Control|24 mixing controller.
• 16 Focusrite© microphone pre-amplifiers
• Drawmer 1969 ‘Mercenary Edition’ two channel pre-amp and valve compressor.
• Otari MTR-10 ¼” analogue professional tape machine (for transfers and recording mixes for that true ‘sweet’ analogue sound)
• HHB Professional direct CD burner / player.
• Dual 16:9 22” Computer Monitors
• Dual Spacedec articulated monitor mounting arms.
• The Mixing Suite is 3.5 metres (10’6”) by 7 metres (23’).
• L/C/R Genelec 1032 Active Main Monitors.
• Genelec 7070A for Bass Management of Mains, Surrounds and the .1 LFE for 5.1.
• B&W six loudspeaker cinema surround system.
• Dynaudio BM6A powered Nearfield Monitors.
• Boston Acoustic AV small speaker monitors.
• Stereo Auratones can be provided with advance arrangements.
Microphones / Stands and DI’s
• Two AKG C-414XLS microphones
• Two AKG C-451 B microphones
• Two DPA 4090 Omni microphones
• One Neumann TLM-103
• Additional Microphones can be acquired as required.
• A full variety of microphone stands are supplied.
• Both active and passive DI’s are available.
• A good compliment of Headphones can be provided. Provisions for larger ensembles can be made.
Instruments and Recording Space
• The principal acoustic recording space is a 7 metre (23’) x 10 meter (33’) timber room with slate flooring and a cathedral ceiling
• Smaller rooms adjacent to the mixing suite can also be utilized for a variety of recordings, such as vocals and guitars and isolation when required.
• Also provided is a Yamaha C-5 6’7” Conservatory Grand Piano. Only a few years old it has been keep in top condition by Hobart’s first call tuner and piano technician.
• There is no additional charge for the use of the Piano, but the cost of tuning will be the responsibility of the client.
Keyboards, Samplers and Synthesisers
• A Korg N5ex keyboard controller and synthesizer.
• A Yamaha SO8 88 note weighted keyboard controller and synthesizer.
• Moto’s MachFive2 virtual sampler with a 65 Gigabyte library of samples.
• Native Instruments Komplete6 with over 6 Gigabytes of Samples.
• Spectrasonics RMX Stylus with the following expanders:
> Liquid Grooves