Sunny Hills Studios provides a comfortable, private and rural working environment with equipment usually only found in major mainland city facilities – add to this the expertise and talent of a world-class Engineer/Mixer.
On-site accommodations can also be arranged and the drive to the capital city of Tasmania (Hobart) and the Hobart International Airport is under an hour.
• L/C/R Genelec 1032 Active Main Monitors.
• Genelec 7070A for Bass Management of Mains, Surrounds and the .1 LFE for 5.1.
• B&W six loudspeaker cinema surround system.
• Dynaudio BM6A powered Nearfield Monitors.
• Boston Acoustic AV small speaker monitors.
• Stereo Auratones can be provided with advance arrangements.
Microphones / Stands and DI’s
• Two AKG C-414XLS microphones
• Two AKG C-451 B microphones
• Two DPA 4090 Omni microphones
• One Neumann TLM-103
• Additional Microphones can be acquired as required.
• A full variety of microphone stands are supplied.
• Both active and passive DI’s are available.
• A good compliment of Headphones can be provided. Provisions for larger ensembles can be made.
Instruments and Recording Space
• The principal acoustic recording space is a 7 metre (23’) x 10 meter (33’) timber room with slate flooring and a cathedral ceiling
• Smaller rooms adjacent to the mixing suite can also be utilized for a variety of recordings, such as vocals and guitars and isolation when required.
• Also provided is a Yamaha C-5 6’7” Conservatory Grand Piano. Only a few years old it has been keep in top condition by Hobart’s first call tuner and piano technician.
• There is no additional charge for the use of the Piano, but the cost of tuning will be the responsibility of the client.
Keyboards, Samplers and Synthesisers
• A Korg N5ex keyboard controller and synthesizer.
• A Yamaha SO8 88 note weighted keyboard controller and synthesizer.
• Moto’s MachFive2 virtual sampler with a 65 Gigabyte library of samples.
• Native Instruments Komplete6 with over 6 Gigabytes of Samples.
• Spectrasonics RMX Stylus with the following expanders: