With regard to any music posted on this site, two primary conditions apply:
You have agreed to the statement below prior to accessing the links that allow you to listen to my music. Having agreed to this condition you are therefore bound to not break your agreement with me!
I ask that you respect the copyright of the creators of these works and do not download any of this music. This music has been posted as a legacy archive of my contribution to the Music, Film and Television Industries. It has not been posted for financial gain. In building this site everything possible has been done to ensure that this music is available ONLY for streaming.“
All the music posted is presented under the terms of the international conventions of ‘Fair Use':
• I am not charging for the streaming of this music and in no way profit from it’s posting.
• Everything possible has been done to dissuade you from downloading. Of course anyone can ‘crack’ a website and steal what they want. If you do, you are guilty of theft, not from me but from the original copyright holders of the music. The traffic logs of this website will disclose the source of such behavior and I will turn that information over to the authorities for prosecution.
• Having been a ‘key creative’ during the authorship of this music, this music constitutes my ‘Body Of Work’ which grants me the right to use it for the documentation my life’s work.
• This music has also been posted for students of the recording arts including my personal contribution to that field, thus this music falls under the category of ‘scholarship’ and/or ‘research’.
Additionally, here is some of the additional legal jargon on this subject:
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections106and106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching(including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:
• the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofiteducationalpurposes;
• the nature of the copyrighted work;
• the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
• the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
If you or your representatives have any issues regarding my use of your copyrighted material please contact me.